Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lulu Print Photo Book Review


As promised I am now reviewing the print version of my photo book made at Lulu.com.

I was very pleased with the outcome of the digital copy and I am happy to say I am even more pleased with the print version.

The photo book is a high quality hardcover bound book with glossy pages.

The pages of the book look fabulous- the book came out wonderful. The photos all look good and are not blurry.

One minor issue- I wish the Lulu photo book editing program had a red eye removal tool. I'm used to editing photos within a program like when making a Shutterfly book- all the photo editing software is available while working on the book design.

With the Lulu photo book it is best to do all photo edits before uploading the photos for the book- something I didn't realize until after I was working on the book.

And I didn't really think about red eye until receiving the book in the mail and a few photos show very apparent red glowing eyes.

Other than the red eye issue I couldn't be more thrilled with this great book.

I plan to order a few more copies for myself and my mother (will make a great Christmas present I think)- this one copy is going to my boy so he has a collection of the photos from him growing up.

You can create your own photo book at Lulu by visiting http://www.lulu.com/publish/photo_books/?cid=us_home_nav_pbk

No comments: