Check this out- I am giving away 2 signed copies of The Everything Green Wedding Book for this contest
Earth911.com recently launched a special section of its Web site to mark the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. The channel not only features 40 tips about reducing, reusing and recycling, but also hosts a Twitter contest beginning March 29 and ending in a giveaway on Earth Day, April 22.
“We hope that people participate in our contest not only to learn more about how to improve their waste output and environmental footprint, but also to encourage their friends, family, and followers to do the same,” says Colt Melby, CEO of Earth911. “This Earth Day should be a celebration not of what we will accomplish on April 22, but what we will do the other 364 days of the year.”
During the contest, two tips will be released each day on the Earth Day channel, counting down to Earth Day itself. By simply tweeting the channel’s Web address each day a new set of tips is released (http://earth911.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=83da47614bd8be66468397bfc&id=dab9a65664&e=e9a5d88bdb), members of the Twitter audience will be entered into a drawing to receive eco-friendly prizes from organizations and authors such as:
- One home composting starter kit, courtesy of SunChips
- Two copies of Disneynature's EARTH, courtesy of Disneynature OCEANS
- One historic tree sponsorship, courtesy of American Forests
- One copy of "Ten Ways to Change the World in Your 20s," courtesy of author Libuse Binder
- One Interactive Boxed Set of stationery, courtesy of Ecosaurus
- Two desk clocks and one photo frame, courtesy of Corrugated Art
- One, certified CarbonFree® Certified GoECOlife™ SOHO 8
-Sheet ULTRA-QUIET™ Paper Shredder, courtesy of Carbonfund.org
- One copy of the e-book "Small Spaces, Fast Paces: New York Organizing Secrets," courtesy of author Sharon Lowenheim
- Three pairs of Performance Toesocks™ in CoolMax® EcoMade™, courtesy of Injinji
- One copy of "Celebrate Green!" courtesy of Celebrate Green!
- One iPad sleeve, courtesy of First World Trash
- One therm-o-tote, one acrylic cup, one stainless steel water bottle, and two reuseable grocery totes, courtesy of LittleFeet Big Feats
- One copy of "Suddenly Frugal: How to live Happier and Healthier for Less," courtesy of author Leah Ingram
- Two copies of "The Everything Green Wedding Book: Plan an Elegant, Affordable, Earth-Friendly Wedding," courtesy of author Wenona Napolitano
- Eco-friendly T-shirts, courtesy of Earth911.com
SunChips will also sponsor tips about newly introduced compostable products, as the company recently launched the world’s first 100 percent compostable chip bag that decomposes in 14 weeks when placed in a hot active compost bin.
The contest will culminate on April 22 when the winners from the giveaway will be selected. Those interested in participating can visit the channel for official rules, a list of prizes and daily tips to tweet and also follow Earth911 (@Earth911).