Like most women who are looking forward to their big day, Heather Stephenson, co-founder of Ideal Bite, is all wrapped up in the planning process.
From the registry right down to the DJ and honeymoon, Heather is sharing her secrets for throwing your very own “Big Fat Green Wedding”, biter style.
Let’s start with your guests:
* Use recycled or plantable paper for your wedding mailings. This way, you can save the date AND a tree.
* Opt for a “green” registry by having guests help finance your honeymoon (think African Safari) or in lieu of gifts, contribute to your favorite eco-charity.
* Reserve rooms for your out of town guests at an eco-friendly hotel or resort.
Here comes the bride:
Here comes the bride, all dressed in GREEN.
* Skip the crinlon and opt for fabrics that are sustainable and easy on the earth.
* When it comes to glamming up your hair and makeup, say “I don’t” to chemicals and use a salon that offers organic and paraben free ingredients.
* Be sure to choose a caterer who uses seasonal, organic and or local food.
* When it comes time for your wedding toasts, make sure you have organic wine and beer on hand.
* Choose a DJ who is sings a greener tune by using paperless billing, solar powered equipment, MP3’s and LED lights.
* Stick to locally grown, organic flowers for your bridal bouquets and center pieces.
For more Ideal Bite green wedding planning tips check out http://www.idealbite.com/guides/wedding/if-nothing-else-try-this